Optical Path Exchange (OPX)
Fiber Mountain’s Glass Core integrates software and hardware innovations to transform network infrastructure. AllPath Director makes use of Intelligent Connection Identification (ICID) and high-density fiber optics to enable SDN control of packet flows and physical connectivity from the same screen.
Fiber Mountain's OPX family of layer 1 SDN switches and cross connects is an integral part of Fiber Mountain’s Glass Core, enabling the creation of Programmable Light Path (PLP) connections for dynamic reconfiguration of paths in the Glass Core network architecture. This software control of physical connections is also known as Connectivity Virtualization.
The AP-4240 OPX provides any port-to-any port connectivity, through its fabric, for point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications, in a slim form factor of one Rack Unit (1RU). It provides cross connect of 160 ports (320 fibers) terminating within fourteen 24-fiber MPO faceplate connectors, and is fully managed from the Fiber Mountain AllPath Director, an SDN orchestration system designed to make full use of Intelligent Connection Identification (ICID) technology. The AP-4240 OPX provides fourteen ICID-enabled 24-fiber MPO ports, allowing for a fully visible and movable physical layer. It is also available as a standalone unit to work in any SDN environment controlled by a third party controller.
- 5 nanoseconds port-to-port latency
- Onboard optics with high faceplate density
- Software-controlled moves, adds and changes
- Dual redundant hot-insertable power supplies
- Front-to-back or back-to-front fans
- Four management ports
- ICID technology enables all fiber cabling to be managed from software
- Supports multimode OM3 / OM4 cables
- Multi-color LED at each MTP connector can be used for port verification, alarming, or be programmed under software control
- Configured and monitored by AllPath Director or third-party SDN controllers
- Support for RESTful API
- 1RU 19-inch rack-mountable enclosure
AP-4240 OPX enables a wide range of applications, including: