Fiber Mountain’s Glass Core integrates software and hardware innovations to transform network infrastructure. AllPath Director, OPX , Sensus and L-Series Products combine software orchestration, physical layer intelligence and high-density fiber optics to enable Managed, Dynamic and Secure physical networks.
A key component of Fiber Mountain’s Glass Core solution, AllPath Director is a centralized SDN orchestration system providing abstracted network control extensible to hyperscale data centers. Programmatic SDN control via AllPath Director is unique because it enables software-based control of physical connectivity. With OPX (Optical Path Exchange), Sensus, and L-Series, AllPath Director expands the reach of SDN to include layer 1, enabling software-controlled moves, adds and changes and the creation of managed and dynamic physical infrastructure.
What is the Glass Core?
Fiber Mountain’s Glass Core solutions integrate software and hardware innovations to transform network architecture. AllPath Director makes use of physical layer device discovery, Intelligent Connection Identification (ICID), per-port LED control and high-density fiber optics to extend SDN control to layer 1, enabling Connectivity Virtualization and the creation of managed and dynamic architectures.
The Glass Core solution can be implemented as an entire network managed by AllPath Director, or integrated with existing network architectures to add agility and visibility in a wide range of use cases:
- Automated cross connects for colocation data centers (CrossCage Plus)
- High density TAP
- Test automation
- Ultra-low latency one-to-many data broadcast
- Offloading high volume flows such as backups, VM moves, Hadoop clusters, Docker Containers or 4K video
The Physical Layer as a Network Asset
The architecture of AllPath Director accommodates rapid development and integration of new features and functions, such as enhanced traffic engineering. This is a significant benefit for data centers, for NFV functions, and for tuning OTN.
AllPath Director provides a northbound RESTful API for integration with other systems such as OpenStack. An AllPath Director installer application significantly reduces installation complexity through the automation of initial startup processes in PC and Mac environments.
AllPath Director Features
- Audit Trail of all actions taken
- Real-time Network Documentation of entire infrastructure of layer 1 devices and connections
- Network Topology Management with auto-discovered views that include physical assets
- Point and click provisioning from Fiber Port Aggregator (FPA) endpoints
- Path Finder—select a port on an FPA to show the destination and path through the layer 1 network
- Port Finder—select a port on an FPA to show connected ports in the infrastructure
- Alarm Management with SNMP Trap forwarding
- Intelligent Connection Identification (ICID) controller for physical layer monitoring & configuration
- End-to-End Connection Management with Software-controlled moves, adds and changes
- NTP Access for Network Synchronization
- Enhanced User Management capabilities
- Replication and Redundancy for Embedded Manager, Controllers and Database
- Support for northbound RESTful API interfaces